Dell's Canadian Tails

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dell on Ribbons

Dorg and I have just returned from a trot along the beach. He did a real trot. I sort of stumbled along. As I searched for a stick to toss for him, I came across this piece of driftwood: a ribbon pinned to mother nature.

Thousands of miles away an oil disaster is wreaking havoc and she wanted me to pause for a moment to consider her pain and loss; asking if I will support her cause.

If you've ever seen Schindler's List, you may recall Schindler's reaction on receiving the gift of a golden ring in thanks for the lives he saved: he weeps for the lives he failed to save.

Nature has a huge capacity to recover from man's inflicted indignities: her generosity is no excuse for my having done so little, for so long.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment